laptop not going to sleep

Daniel Israel-2

Since I’ve updated to High Sierra, I have noticed that my laptop, after a time, doesn’t go to sleep anymore.  Once I rebloot, if I walk away for a bit, it sleeps as it should. However, after a few days of not reblooting, I notice that it’s always on (regardless of whether it’s plugged in or not. If I don’t plug in power cord and walk away for a few hours, I’ll come back to a low or empty battery). Is there a way to tell which app or apps are keeping it from going to sleep?

Thanks.

-D. Israel
[hidden email]
AIM: JudoDanIzz

Re: laptop not going to sleep

@lbutlr
On 15 Dec 2017, at 10:25, Daniel Israel <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Is there a way to tell which app or apps are keeping it from going to sleep?

in the terminal

pmset -g

will show a display like:

System-wide power settings:
Currently in use:
 standbydelay         4200
 standby              1
 womp                 1
 halfdim              1
 hibernatefile        /var/vm/sleepimage
 sms                  1
 networkoversleep     0
 disksleep            10
 sleep                0 (sleep prevented by sharingd)
 autopoweroffdelay    60
 hibernatemode        3
 autopoweroff         1
 ttyskeepawake        1
 displaysleep         60
 acwake               0
 lidwake              1

If there is nothing listed on the "sleep" line, no app is preventing sleep.

--
Apple broke AppleScripting signatures in Mail.app, so no random signatures.

Re: laptop not going to sleep

@lbutlr
On 16 Dec 2017, at 13:58, @lbutlr <[hidden email]> wrote:
> pmset -g

Oops, forgot.

Activity Monitor under "Energy" has a "preventing sleep" header.