Unrestful sleep

Carl Hoefs
I have a MacPro Tower (MacPro6,1) running Sierra 10.12.6, no external devices connected. When I put it into sleep mode overnight, I can hear that every 4.5 minutes, the HDD spins up, there's a disk access, and then it spins down again. I don't like it spinning the HDD up & down all night.

Looking in the console logs (which has been made so very painful) I believe I've found the culprit:

Nov 25 03:57:22 com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.quicklook[3691]): Endpoint has been activated through legacy launch(3) APIs. Please switch to XPC or bootstrap_check_in(): com.apple.quicklook
Nov 25 04:01:57 com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.quicklook[3700]): Endpoint has been activated through legacy launch(3) APIs. Please switch to XPC or bootstrap_check_in(): com.apple.quicklook
Nov 25 04:04:56 syslogd[52]: ASL Sender Statistics

The above sequence repeats ad inifitum.

Does anyone have a clue what this is, and what it thinks it needs to do?

-Carl

Re: Unrestful sleep

Macs R We
Well, it's being scheduled by launchd, so you should be able to use a tool like Lingon or Launch Control to see what jobs you have scheduled.  You can disable any of the ones you suspect are causing the problem and reboot, and see if the problem goes away or not.