Bootup key combo to silence verbose mode

Bootup key combo to silence verbose mode

Carl Hoefs
A friend used CMD+V to boot his iMac using verbose mode and now wants to turn that off, so it boots graphically, like normal.

What is the key combo to turn off verbose mode?

-Carl

Re: Bootup key combo to silence verbose mode

Macs R We
It only works for a single boot, unless you spilled maple syrup on the keyboard or something.

Try shutting the machine all the way down (power off) then turning the power back on.  If it still boots in verbose mode, something's wacky.

> On Feb 26, 2018, at 6:27 PM, Carl Hoefs <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> A friend used CMD+V to boot his iMac using verbose mode and now wants to turn that off, so it boots graphically, like normal.
>
> What is the key combo to turn off verbose mode?
>
> -Carl

Re: Bootup key combo to silence verbose mode

Carl Hoefs
Yeah, that's what I thought -- it's only valid for the current boot.

I'll tell him to try the "sudo nvram boot-args=" trick in Terminal and see if that works.

Thx,
-Carl

> On Feb 26, 2018, at 6:47 PM, Macs R We <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> It only works for a single boot, unless you spilled maple syrup on the keyboard or something.
>
> Try shutting the machine all the way down (power off) then turning the power back on.  If it still boots in verbose mode, something's wacky.
>
>> On Feb 26, 2018, at 6:27 PM, Carl Hoefs <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> A friend used CMD+V to boot his iMac using verbose mode and now wants to turn that off, so it boots graphically, like normal.
>>
>> What is the key combo to turn off verbose mode?
>>
>> -Carl

Re: Bootup key combo to silence verbose mode

Carl Hoefs
Just to note, for posterity's sake, the below sudo cmd did the trick.
-Carl