Backblaze warning.

Michael_google gmail_Gersten
AUUHHH.

Begin forwarded message:

> From: "Zach (Support)" <[hidden email]>
> Subject: [Help Desk] Re: I am unable to recover files for a backup.
>
> Backblaze automatically does not backup browser profiles like those create for Firefox and Chrome as this information can typically be retrieved via logging into the browser once more. As such, it will not be recoverable from within your backup.
>
> However, these exclusions can be edited or removed in an editable XML file hidden the Backblaze package on your machine. This article describes where to find this file and how to edit it: https://help.backblaze.com/hc/en-us/articles/220973007-Advanced-Topic-Setting-Custom-Exclusions-via-XML
> Cheers,
>
> Zach
> Support Technician
> The Backblaze Team

Backblaze by default does not back up a Firefox profile, except for the bookmarks file.

This file is immediately getting edited by me.

Just a warning. There are exclusions not shown the in the preferences panel, and there's no warning about it until you need it.

Re: Backblaze warning.

@lbutlr

On 2018-02-25 (17:14 MST), Michael <[hidden email]> wrote:

> AUUHHH.
>
> Begin forwarded message:
>
>> From: "Zach (Support)" <[hidden email]>
>> Subject: [Help Desk] Re: I am unable to recover files for a backup.
>>
>> Backblaze automatically does not backup browser profiles like those create for Firefox and Chrome as this information can typically be retrieved via logging into the browser once more. As such, it will not be recoverable from within your backup.
>>
>> However, these exclusions can be edited or removed in an editable XML file hidden the Backblaze package on your machine. This article describes where to find this file and how to edit it: https://help.backblaze.com/hc/en-us/articles/220973007-Advanced-Topic-Setting-Custom-Exclusions-via-XML
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Zach
>> Support Technician
>> The Backblaze Team
>
> Backblaze by default does not back up a Firefox profile, except for the bookmarks file.
>
> This file is immediately getting edited by me.
>
> Just a warning. There are exclusions not shown the in the preferences panel, and there's no warning about it until you need it.

There are also hard-coded exclusions that cannot be edited.

--
"There's nothin' wrong with bein' a son of a bitch." -- Gaspode the
Wonder Dog

Re: Backblaze warning.

On 2018-02-25, at 9:16 PM, @lbutlr <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 2018-02-25 (17:14 MST), Michael <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> AUUHHH.
>>
>> Begin forwarded message:
>>
>>> From: "Zach (Support)" <[hidden email]>
>>> Subject: [Help Desk] Re: I am unable to recover files for a backup.
>>>
>>> Backblaze automatically does not backup browser profiles like those create for Firefox and Chrome as this information can typically be retrieved via logging into the browser once more. As such, it will not be recoverable from within your backup.
>>>
>>> However, these exclusions can be edited or removed in an editable XML file hidden the Backblaze package on your machine. This article describes where to find this file and how to edit it: https://help.backblaze.com/hc/en-us/articles/220973007-Advanced-Topic-Setting-Custom-Exclusions-via-XML
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Zach
>>> Support Technician
>>> The Backblaze Team
>>
>> Backblaze by default does not back up a Firefox profile, except for the bookmarks file.
>>
>> This file is immediately getting edited by me.
>>
>> Just a warning. There are exclusions not shown the in the preferences panel, and there's no warning about it until you need it.
>
> There are also hard-coded exclusions that cannot be edited.

The unavoidable things are shown in the preference panel. The issue is not that there is a second file of user editable exclusions, the issue is that these exclusions include something that Backblaze felt was not needed (your browser profile), when for many of us the browser profile needs to be backed up.

In particular, a lot of settings get saved in a JavaScript file which is not backed up.

---
Entertaining minecraft videos
http://YouTube.com/keybounce